she was a company Google is working for the past several versions of Android on local discovery techniques that applications can take advantage of to find nearby objects and users, but its most recent contribution is the release of Implementation WifiNanScan for Developers to Try Wi-Fi Aware.
And benefit Technique Wi-Fi Aware is from the automatic nature of user proximity to enable innovative applications, and Wi-Fi Aware devices continually discover other devices within the user’s wireless network range before linking, making it easier to find nearby information and services that match the preferences set by the user.
WifiNanScan measures the distance between two smartphones using the Wi-Fi Aware protocol (also called NAN), and is designed as a research, demonstration, and testing tool for developers, vendors, universities, and more.
Using this application, it is possible to obtain a distance measurement with an accuracy of about one meter with phones that are 15 meters apart.
Developers, device manufacturers, and researchers can use this tool to validate measurements of distance or range that enable scale development, peer-to-peer data transfer, and context-aware applications based on Wi-Fi Aware.
Wi-Fi Aware allows Android devices to discover and connect to each other directly without any other type of connection between them, such as an active internet connection.
APIs discover neighboring devices and create network connections that can share large amounts of data or send short messages.
Google says: This technology supports higher transmission rates over longer distances of Bluetooth connections, and potential use cases include that Promotes The Wi-Fi Alliance has the following:
- Securely send the document to the printer without first logging in to the network.
- View a restaurant menu and make a reservation while walking without an internet connection, even when the restaurant is closed.
- Automate and log in to the school.
- Simplify airport security procedures by using a mobile phone ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, without requiring travelers to present an actual ID.
- Communicate with people close to you to play a favorite game on mobile devices.
- Allow a friend in the vicinity to hear the songs your device is playing at the same time.
- Bring in enhanced educational experiences for students who visit a museum, art gallery, and field trips.
- Enable autonomous vehicles to instantly recognize other devices and exchange information automatically.