Samsung unveils four projects under implementation from its C-Lab Inside program, and seventeen startups are participating in the event supported by C-Lab Outside, Samsung’s startup acceleration program.
Four projects serving unique consumer lifestyles are being showcased from its C-Lab Inside program, which started in 2012, is an internship incubation program that encourages and nurtures innovative ideas from Samsung employees.
This year, C-Lab Inside projects focus on personalized products and services that cater to diverse lifestyles.
Projects in C-Lab Inside:
- EZCal: a mobile app that automatically calibrates a TV’s picture quality.
- Air Pocket: A portable oxygen storage device that you can wear as a mask on your face.
- Scan & Dive: The Internet of Things device for grading fabrics and recommending optimal care.
- Food & Sommelier: An AI-powered service to find the best food.
Samsung established C-Lab Outside in October 2018 to revitalize the startup ecosystem in South Korea.
Startups enrolled in C-Lab Outside programs are provided with office work space, expert mentoring from Samsung employees, opportunities to participate in global IT exhibitions, investor relations, and financial support.
Projects at C-Lab Outside:
- Medipresso: healthcare solution with health screening recommendations.
- Deeping Source: New Safe Deep Learning Using Anonymous Artificial Intelligence.
- Dabeeo: indoor computer vision based positioning technology.
- Bitbyte: a keyboard theme service that includes characters that interact with the input text.
- Classum: an interactive learning platform with communication and management tools.
- Flexcil: a digital note-taking service that enables easy editing of a PDF using pen gestures.
- Catch It Play: a language learning platform with various motivational factors.
- 42Maru: Machine reading comprehension platform that answers questions based on their understanding of natural language.
- Flux Planet: Create a photorealistic avatar with 3D scanning.
- Thingsflow: Written Chat Robots for Prognosis-Based Mind Care.
- Counter Culture Company: A K-pop online training service.
- Salin: A collaborative and online learning platform based on 5G and XR.
- Lillycover: Small-scale personal cosmetic production facility.
- SIDHub: an air purifying sterilizer that reduces viruses and ultra-fine dust.
- Magpie Tech: the kiko baby growth management device, smart measurements for height and weight.
- WATA: Positioning service with high accuracy using smart phone sensors.
- Designovel: Fashion design with AI imagery.
Given the limited opportunities for startups to participate in in-person industry fairs amid the pandemic in 2020, Samsung is supporting the virtual participation of startups in this year’s CES to help them attract potential investors and buyers.
Also participating in CES for the first time this year are local startups that Samsung has incubated in cooperation with the Daegu Center for Creative Economy and Innovation and the Gyeong-buk Center for Creative Economy and Innovation.