Canceled a company Epic Games in the April 2020 release of the Fortnite World Cup esports due to travel and personal event restrictions.
The company has now clarified that the Fortnite World Cup esports will not happen in 2021 either.
The company aims to hold global personal tournaments again, but its priority in any such event is the health and safety of players and employees.
She told Epic Games PostWe are not planning to hold personal events in 2021, including the Fortnite World Cup, as there is much unknown about what is practical and safe.
She added: We continue to offer online competitions throughout 2021 with the hope that the actual events will return at some point in the future.
The first – and so far only – Fortnite World Cup was held at Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York, with the inaugural Final Events held from July 26-28.
The three-day event culminated in the victory of 16-year-old Kyle Giersdorf in the solo competition with a prize pool of $ 3 million.
It can be said: It was one of the major esports competitions so far, and she won a set of prizes worth 30 million dollars, It culminated in a massive $ 100 million investment in the competitive landscape of Epic Games.
And canceling personal events next year doesn’t mean the end of Fortnite’s competitive landscape Epic Games has promised to host several tournaments online to compensate for the cancellation of in-person events.
Epic Games says the Fortnite Championship Series will continue in 2021, with a focus on triple competitions. You also need to try new formats.
Epic Games added: We are looking for other ways to compete in high-level competition for 2021, and regardless of the major competition, we are in the process of setting a schedule Features more weekly tournaments, unique tournaments, and Creator Cups over the course of the next year.
Fortnite recently launched a new season after a massive live event featuring fictional character Galactus.