Announced Kensington, The company The global leader in office computing and mobility solutions for IT, business, home office and professional choice, today announced the availability of the iPad StudioDock platform.
The platform is compatible with iPad Pro or iPad Air with a USB-C port, and StudioDock greatly enhances the functionality and usability of the iPad in home and office desktop environments.
The platform won the CES 2021 Innovation Award and is a winner of eight Best of CES 2021 Awards. StudioDock does not require any software installation and is available in 12.9-inch and 11-inch versions.
StudioDock enhances and extends the functionality of the iPad with the following key features and benefits:
- Create a powerful desktop experience: Magneticly connect and detach iPad Pro 11-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch, or iPad Air in portrait or landscape mode for a true desktop experience that unlocks new creative possibilities.
- Fast Charging for the Apple Ecosystem: In addition to providing 37.5 watts via USB-C to charge iPads at speeds up to 108 percent faster than Apple’s 18-watt charger, StudioDock includes Qi wireless charging for iPhone and AirPod headphones up to 7.5 watts and 5 watts, respectively. An optional charging unit is available for Apple Watch, up to 5 watts.
- Desktop workspace expansion: StudioDock provides single 4K HDMI 2.0 video output for additional screen support for apps like: iMovie, Keynote, Netflix, Procreate, Shiftscreen, and more.
- Built-in SD Card Reader: Ideal for photographers, the StudioDock includes a UHS-II SD 4.0 SD Card Reader, allowing fast access to files without the need for adapters.
- Expansion ports increase the functionality: Four USB ports (one USB-C port and three USB-A ports) allow users to connect devices, such as: keyboard, mouse, USB storage unit, and printer, and the platform supports the 3.5 mm audio port to connect the microphone or external speakers, while ensuring Gigabit Ethernet Fast and reliable connection for large file transfers or sensitive applications.
- Support and Warranty: StudioDock is backed by a dedicated support team with a three year warranty.
Ada Yang, Director of Global Product Management at Kensington, said: The announcement of StudioDock at CES has generated an incredible amount of excitement as it is seen as a true game changer for iPad users for both business and consumer applications.
She added: The ability to instantly connect to an iPad and turn it into a complete desktop workstation opens new possibilities for creativity and productivity in the office and at home, and the additional ability to act as a charging base for Apple’s integrated user system not only eliminates cables, but keeps all devices together and fully charged.
And now available platform Kensington StudioDock for 12.9-inch and 11-inch iPad Pro and iPad Air by Kensington Store.