How to Learn Web Designing Step by Step
Web design is the process of designing website that we see on the internet every day. It actually deals with the user experience aspect of the website development rather than software development. At first, website design used to focus on designing desktop websites. But, as the days changed and new technologies emerged, now web design has changed its focus from only desktop websites and creates a responsive web design for different devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and many other devices of different sizes. As the term web design is clear now, the question comes, how to learn web designing step by step? We will answer the question below.
There are few skills that a person should learn to be a web designer.
- Visual Design
- Design Software
To get the answer of how to learn web designing step by step clearly we have to go through each above step in brief.
- Visual Design: It is quiet visible that one needs to have design knowledge to be a web designer. Visual design emphasize on digital products. It is quite different from the normal day to day design but not difficult or complicated. In web design, design principle determines the look and feel of a site. Design concept includes color theory, typography, color theory and many more.
- UI/UX: UX (user experience) refers to optimization of website or web application for effective and enjoyable. The main objective of UX is to make sure user gets comfortable with the look and features of the website and have fun and enjoy using the site. On the other hand, UI (user interface) is used as the complement of the UX. It enhances the look and the visual feeling of a website. UI focuses on the presentation of a site.
- Design Software: One must have knowledge of right of tools in order to design a website. Most people think, websites are designed in text editors using HTML and CSS. But to create the right interface for website, designers uses adobe Photoshop, adobe illustrator and also sketch. They design photos for the websites, create designing assets (logo, images) and also mockups. The software helps to create better and attractive designs for websites and enhance with attractive looks and enjoyable.
Technologies Learn Web Designing Step by Step
- HTML: HTML (Hypertext markup language) is the standard markup languages for web. With above skills and tools one can design web pages and sites. But to turn them into reality and creating real web page, HTML language is needed. it is the language that gives structure to a web page. HTML is also known as skeleton of a web page.
- CSS: CSS (cascading style sheet) is the language that describes the style of an HTML document. Web pages are designed by HTML but HTML alone can’t make webpage attractive and nice looking. It can only give structure. All the designs that are created using different design tools can be turned into reality using CSS. All kinds of designs and arts that we see in a website is implemented using CSS. CSS decides how a web page should be displayed.
Primary stairways of learning
The next step of how to learn web designing step by step which should one learn first or start with.
First start with visual designing concept. After gathering knowledge about how websites look, the next step is to learn UX/UI. This helps to think and gather knowledge about customer experience and designs that may make customers feel satisfied and fun visiting the website. Then learn various design software for designing websites such as building web templates, editing images, creating attractive and unique shapes for web pages, mockups and making each part of website more attractive. After going through those steps, to turn the designs into reality HTML shall be the next target because this language gives structure to any web page we see on the internet. Then CSS will be the next target for the person who wants to be a web designer. Following the completion of HTML structure, CSS will help to turn the designs into reality because CSS is the language for styling the web. With CSS any kind of complicated designs can be turned into reality and implemented on websites. In how to learn web designing step by step these steps will help a person to become an entry-level web designer.
Advanced stairways of learning
In order to excel in the web design industry, bootstrap will help a designer and make the structuring and designing lot easier and better. The reason behind it is bootstrap has tons of pre-built structures, styles, real time dynamic designs already given. You just need to pest those on your site and modify those files in whichever way you want.